Thursday, February 10, 2011

Bookworm

I like books. If you know me then that really shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. This year, even though its only February, I have read some GREAT books this semester. Some people would think that because I'm in school I wouldn't have time to read.. HA what silliness. So before I lose everyone, here is a brief list of the books I've read this year... and yes if you were to pick what type of books I've read I would say Teen, Science Fiction, Action & Adventure. You might say, "Rachel, your a Junior in college.. grow up with you reading material." And you know what I'd say in return? Who in the world wants to read something that has to do with the actual reality?? NOT me. I'd rather read some light "fluff" and enjoy the nice break that reading gives me. SO heres the list. Don't judge me. You may end up reading one of these books and loving them :)



The first book I read this year was Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins; great read if not a little on the dark side. This series has a total of 3 books that are all pretty entertaining.


This is by far my FAVORITE read this year. If you like the Twilight books then you LOVE this one. It pretty much has the same "teenage love" romance (rated G of course) just set in an Indian culture. Still its a great story and a FAST read. 


This next one is a series that my sister Kathryn loved so I had to read them too. Defiantly good and fast reads. I read them each in about a day and whats great about the whole thing is that there are about 3 more books being written in the series. I'm a sucker for books I know will have a sequel. 


Alright, BECAUSE I loved the last series I read I thought I'd give her other books a try as well. Its pretty much about the same content as the other series but set in a different time.. ya I got suckered into this book. BUT it was definitely good but I wouldn't say as good as the other series. This book also has a sequel in the making as well. WHICH I still plan on buying :) 

Alright. This next series is A LOT different then the others that I've read. Murder mysteries. Slight hint of a love interest. Set in Main. BUT totally good. A good read if you wanting to waste time or read so you can go to sleep.. doesn't sound great but at the same time this is a great book that you won't have to stay up thinking about whats going to happen next. Sometimes you need those books that are just chill. And this is a great one. 

TADAAH! This is the one that I'm currently reading. My church is reading the Old Testament once and the New Testament twice in 3 years. I know that sounds like a lot BUT we just finished Genesis and I'm really getting a lot out of it and am LOVING it. Of course I try to read The Bible regularly BUT with an actual set itinerary or when I'm suppose to read what has been great. This February we're reading through Matthew and I'm PUMPED!! 

Aight dawgs, that is my book list for this year so far. I hope that you enjoyed it and that maybe you'll try some of these books that I've suggested! 

ADIOS!!

2 comments:

  1. i love how you said "aight dawgs" bahaha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha i know right?? i was channeling Danny apparently :)

    ReplyDelete